Security Internship – Wareham Gatemen (Wareham, MA)
The Security Interns will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department. The Ballpark Operations; Security Intern will primarily support game day operations, security, and parking management needs within the department and will receive a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department’s effectiveness in running clean and safe facility. Duration of the internship: May 31st through August 13th. This is a PART TIME INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage game day credential checks
- Oversee game day setups and activations.
- Assist with all security and related requirements.
- Manage special projects in support of the Security department
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Approximately 10 weeks (22 home games)
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no compensation or benefits will be provided.
- Housing is not provided but the Gatemen can assist in finding appropriate housing
- Adhere to the Wareham Gatemen organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Wareham Gatemen organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Note: When applying for this internship please include a cover letter and a resume with references. Please send all application information to email@example.com