Player Development Internship – Wareham Gatemen (Wareham, MA)
Contribute to Wareham Gatemen Baseball Operations Department for the 2016 summer season as one of our highly valued interns. We’re looking for dynamic individuals who can contribute to our Player Development operation in Wareham, MA. The internship runs from May 31st through August 13th, and will include exposure to Training Camp, Cape Cod League regular season schedule and the post season schedule. The position will work closely with the GM, Coaching Staff and the players.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist coaching staff with various projects including advance reports and league transactions
- Compile and distribute daily and monthly reports for Baseball Operations
- Manage recurring tasks such as organizing roster boards, updating depth charts, and daily reports
- Ad hoc data analysis projects
- Assist with player transportation needs
- Other duties as assigned
The Player Development focus includes an emphasis on assignments related to the Gatemen Development system and development of professional players. We value candidates with playing experience at a high level, familiarity with collegiate and/or minor league baseball.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Driver’s license required.
- Must own a laptop computer.
- Available for the entire term of the Internship.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for baseball and baseball operations
- Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
- Ability to use time efficiently
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and Power Point
- Strong analytical skillsPhysical/Environmental Requirements
- Office: Working conditions are normal for a field environment. Some office work will be necessary.
- Full Time Internship; Approximately 10 weeks (44 game schedule); Nights and weekends
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no compensation or benefits will be provided.
- Housing is not provided but the Gatemen can assist in finding appropriate housing
- Adhere to the Wareham Gatemen organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Wareham Gatemen organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Note: When you apply for this internship please include a cover letter with answers to the questions below, and a resume with references. Please send all application information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What dates are you available for an internship?
- Which statistics do you use to evaluate baseball players?
- Do you have any previous baseball experience?
- If yes, please provide examples.
- What are your career interests within baseball?