Mascot Internship – Wareham Gatemen (Wareham, MA)
The Wareham Gatemen Organization is currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and talented individual to intern as Gary Gatemen Mascot. The ideal candidate would have experience performing as a mascot and/or in performing arts; possess excellent non-verbal communication skills, athletically and physically fit, and have a creative and humorous personality.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
- Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.
- Ability to perform in the Gary Gatemen costume which is designed for an individual between 5’’ – 6’2”.
- Able to work in an environment with a large group of people.
- Currently enrolled in high school or a Bachelor’s program.
- Previous mascot experience preferred.
- Ability to perform in the Gary Gatemen costume.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel to camps, as well as public appearances.
- Positive individual who is punctual and enjoys working with the public (especially kids).
- Qualified candidates must be reliable and energetic with the ability to work around a flexible schedule.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
- The internship is an unpaid position.
- Flexible schedule required, including nights and weekends
- Help to market and promote Gary Gatemen appearances.
- Organize and execute Gary Gatemen appearances at Gatemen events.
- Opportunity to gain in-costume experience by dressing up as Gary Gatemen during events.
- 4. Create mascot skits for Gary Gatemen on event days.
- Part Time Internship; Approximately 10 weeks (22 home games + public events); Nights and weekends
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no compensation or benefits will be provided.
- Housing is not provided but the Gatemen can assist in finding appropriate housing
- Adhere to the Wareham Gatemen organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Wareham Gatemen organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Note: When applying for this internship please include a cover letter and a resume with references. Please send all application information to firstname.lastname@example.org