Marketing Internship – Wareham Gatemen (Wareham, MA)
Position assists the Marketing Department with the planning and implementation of giveaways, promotions, special events and advertising.
- Write and edit live Marketing scripts daily to be read in-stadium and on radio and television broadcasts for all games.
- Assist with giveaway volunteer program preparation and event day logistics
- Complete department giveaway distribution
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory database for all giveaway items
- Assist with event planning, set-up and production for all Marketing special events
- Take the lead on a few select marketing special events, handling logistics.
- Be the event point of contact for outside vendors during reoccurring events
- Manage all mailing requests, including pocket schedules and fan packs via phone, internet and email.
- Type up creative requests for the team’s graphic designer for needed elements
- Compile and organize industry research relating to advertising, special events and giveaways.
- Complete research to help develop and plan the following year’s promotional calendar
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marketing department
- Bachelor’s degree study in a related program
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Position requires attendance at all Gatemen home games
- Possess a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow
- Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Part Time Internship; Approximately 10 weeks (22 game schedule); Nights and weekends
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no compensation or benefits will be provided.
- Housing is not provided but the Gatemen can assist in finding appropriate housing
- Adhere to the Wareham Gatemen organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Wareham Gatemen organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Note: When applying for this internship please include a cover letter and a resume with references. Please send all application information to firstname.lastname@example.org