Community Relations Internship – Wareham (Wareham, MA)
Department: Community Relations
Job Title: Community Relations Internship
Reports To: Director of Community Relations
Term: May 31, 2016 –August 13, 2016 (Dates vary depending on school and playoffs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond in a timely and professional fashion to fan mail.
- Game day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, ticket program activation, batting practice escorting, bat boy oversight, and pre-game ceremony assistance.
- Assistance and organization of community events and player appearances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The intern must present themselves in a professional manner both in-person and through written communication with fans of all ages, sponsors, game day guests and on occasion, players.
- Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
- Attention to details, discretion and organization skills are a must.
- Must have a flexible work schedule that will allow intern to work day, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Intern will have “game-day” responsibilities where the intern may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Part Time Internship; Approximately 10 weeks (22 home games + public appearences); Nights and weekends
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no compensation or benefits will be provided.
- Housing is not provided but the Gatemen can assist in finding appropriate housing
- Adhere to the Wareham Gatemen organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Wareham Gatemen organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Note: When applying for this internship please include a cover letter and a resume with references. Please send all application information to firstname.lastname@example.org